Thursday, May 6, 2010

Cinco De Mayo

Well, yesterday was boring up until I got off work. But dinner was anything but boring! I am an Italian chick who loves Mexican food, I also love to cook so I whipped up an amazing dinner for the special occasion! I heated up some chicken and cheese taquitos and made some Nacho dip...it is OMG good! It was too good not to share, so here ya go, try some!

( I ended up making half of this recipe because it makes alot)
Nacho Dip:

2 lbs. ground beef
2 packages taco seasoning
12 oz. tomato sauce
2 cups salsa
1 8 oz. package cream cheese
1 8 oz. sour cream
1/2 cup mayo
12 oz. mozzarella cheese


Preheat oven between 325 to 350 degrees. Cook beef and drain. Combine beef, taco seasoning, tomato sauce, and salsa and put in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Combine softened cream cheese, sour cream, and mayo and put on top of meat mixture. Grated cheese goes on top. Bake until cheese has melted, approximately 30 minutes. I find it does better to cover with foil for the first 20 minutes or so.

Are you drooling yet?? If you don't like mayo, don't worry at all, you cannot taste it, I think it is just to make the dip creamier:)

No comments:

Post a Comment