Friday, May 13, 2011

Cajun Shrimp Pasta

I found this picture off Google, but it looks close to this :)

1/2 pound frozen shrimp ( I use a bag from WalMart that are peeled, de-veined, and tails off)
1/4 cup butter
2 cloves minced garlic
1-3 tablespoons flour
Cajun Seasoning
Grated Parmesean cheese
1 16 oz carton heavy cream

Melt butter in skillet and add garlic. Cook the garlic until it is golden brown and then add one tablespoon flour to the butter mixture to make a roux. It needs to be an oatmeal consistantcy so if it needs to be thicker add a little more flour. Remove from heat and set aside.

Add the frozen shrimp to the roux mixture and let them "hang out" until the next step.

In a small saucepan heat heavy cream until just about to boil. Remove from heat and add to roux/shrimp mixture. Wisk until all lumps are gone. Add parmesean to mixture to your liking (I usually use about a palm full. Next add your cajun seasoning to your liking as well. This way you can adjust the "heat" of the dish to your family's liking. This will be an alfredo sauce consistancy. Heat for a few minutes to make sure those shrimp cook through. I serve this over any kind of noodles that I have in the cabinet and enjoy.

Also you can tweek it to your liking... instead of using shrimp sometimes I heat chicken breast chunks, onions, and mushrooms in a small skillet then add to my mixture. It's good either way:)

This is not a dish to try when you are watching your calories... This is one of those meals to eat every blue moon...but it's soooooo worth it!!

My hubby likes for me to cut french bread slices at an angle (He's says it tastes better that way HA!) but I butter it and sprinkle garlic salt and bake until toasty. See what I mean about not watching the calories. This dish oozes a buttery goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment