Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Stars and Stripes!


Well we had an eventful 4th to say the least! We woke up and my husband and I both had messages on our phones that Mason, my stepson, had been admitted to the ER early Sunday morning with a fever of 103 and horrible stomach pains. First thing that came to my mind was that he probably ate some undercooked or bad chicken, b/c I swear that's all the boy eats! I kid with him all the time that at any moment he is going to grow feathers and cluck like a chicken:) (my mom used to say the same thing to me) Well the doctor claimed that at first he thought it was appendicitis, but it wasn't... apparently he had/has some infection in his body, but after 2 IV bags of meds, a prescription of antibiotics for 60 days, and 2 chicken nuggets (see...I really wasn't kidding about the chicken) he was free to go home. The rest of the day was pretty low-key, we just grilled out at my husband's grandparents and visited while Mason rested. We are going to shoot fireworks on Wednesday night so he wont miss out. It is all of our favorite holiday of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment